Wednesday, March 7

Some of you might know this already, but I'm writing a book. I've known about it for awhile, but it's taken me months to actually get into the groove of putting it together. So of course, as time flies by, my hands begin to stitch faster and faster. Thankfully, I'm set on the project details, it's the title that's thrown me for a "loop". Ha! I know the publisher will help me out with it. They came up with Knitters Lib, which I like. But, I still have titles going through my head and they're being eaten up by other designers left and right.

I love the tie-in to the "loop": In the Loop and Loop-d-Loop are taken.
Living la vida Loopy? I think it may be too long.

There are titles that try to rhyme with "crochet": Crochet Today and Crochet Away (ahem). How about Crochet Ole!, followed by Crochet Jose!?

There are titles that sum up the gist of the book: Big Hook Crochet, Crochet Quick and Easy, and 200 Crochet Blocks. I just haven't managed to whittle down the gist of my book into 3 or 4 words yet.

There are books with catchy or edgy titles: Get Hooked, Hip to Crochet, Crochet Fun and Funky, The Happy Hooker, and Get Your Crochet On. I know, how about, Get Jiggy with Crochet or Crochet Buck Naked. Is that too out there?

I've been thinking about a play on classic book titles:
Crocheting with Julie (Cooking with Julia)
Still Life with Crochet (…with Woodpecker)
To Crochet a Mockingbird
I Wish Mommy Didn't Crochet So Much (I Wish Daddy Didn't Drink So Much) - this one is for my 4-year old to write. He tells everyone, "Yarn is stupid".

I'll keep working on it. I'm one of those "it'll come to me at the last moment".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about "Hookin' along with Julie"? hee hee!!