Friday, May 9

Vodka, Baby, All the Way!

Check out my author spotlight on the Ten Speed Press site. I remember getting through 3/4 of a super long questionnaire before realizing that many of the questions were aimed at food/cookbook authors which is a Ten Speed category niche.

Anyway, I still answered some of them because I am a foodie and I used to be a cookbook buyer for the Borders Book stores (quaint fact about me). ETA: I was also a kids book buyer for Borders, evidenced by the answer to the question about eating my veggies.

THE AUTHOR SCOOP

What are you working on now?
Right now, I’m experimenting with garment design for kids. I really want to create contemporary projects that my kids will want to wear.

Do you eat your vegetables?
I love vegetables when they are in season. The one vegetable I cannot stand in the least is Brussels sprouts. I will not eat them with a goat, I will not eat them in a boat, I will not eat them here nor there. I will not eat them anywhere.

When did you know you were a writer?
I’m a writer?

Have any good pet stories?
My mother really likes having lizards as pets. Once she gave me a baby iguana for a pet. When I left on a trip I asked her to care for my little iguana until I returned. When I came to retrieve my pet, I noticed that it looked different. It looked…smaller somehow. After considering what could possibly be wrong, I asked my mother if it was possible that my iguana died and she tried to find an identical replacement to keep me from knowing. She said no, but ended up admitting her scheme a week later.

Vodka or gin martini?
Vodka, baby, all the way. Vodka is the people’s drink.

Are you "six degrees of separation" away from anyone famous?
My uncle wrote the song “I’m Lovin’ It” that eventually became a McDonald’s jingle. My kids love that.

If you had to boil your book’s message down to one sentence, what would it be?
It’s okay to step out of the box, allow yourself to become inspired and explore the possibilities of what your fingers can create.

ETA2: SkaDaddy drinks Gin martini's. We are just like Mary Matalin and James Carville. Ok, well, maybe not exactly like them.

No comments: