Friday, June 26

Interweave Crochet Summer 2009

There is so much to tell you about, TNNA Columbus (I met Doris Chan *snoopy dance*), Getting Loopy Show (uh, I was late), the new project (got Tension?), fascinating discussions here and here (why, crocheters, why?), and jury duty (booorrring!).

First, things first.


DID YOU SEE IT? I have an article in Interweave Crochet Summer '09! Crochet Around Seattle, by Julie Armstrong Holetz. That's me crocheting at my local coffee shop, Victors Celtic Coffee. Samantha Roshak, fab designer and blogger, took the photo for me. Ignore the hair, it's been cut and colored since then. If you didn't see it, check it out, and let me know what you thought. Locals, what did I miss (providing links, if possible) in this great city of ours?

Other items to note in the new issue:
Julia Vaconsin does it again with the beautiful cover project! (thanks for letting borrow your flickr photo).
Doris Chan has two fab projects that use big, big hooks to make lacy accessories for you and your home.
Robyn's intuitive color sense comes out in a cheerful tunic and a set of motif jewelry that is perfect for summer.
And lots of lace projects! That was the number one theme at TNNA Columbus. Lace weight fibers and projects are all the rage.

Now, inspired by my own article, I'm dragging the kids to Kinokuniya Bookstore in downtown Seattle and then we'll hit Salumi for lunch (owned by Mario Batali's dad).

Sayonara!

2 comments:

The Big Burbs said...

Hey.... Kinokuniya and Salumi? Take us with you next time!

I'm really looking forward to reading your article!

The Big Burbs said...

Yay! I got my copy of Interweave--- loved your piece! Now that's my kind of 'research'--- you lucky girl!