Yay, Me Meme. Tagged by Samantha over at Knit Quest.
The rules; Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was a book buyer for Borders, living in Ann Arbor, MI. I had no kids and so I spent all of my free time going to R rated movies, riding my mountain bike in the woods, having dinner parties, and reading books with no pictures.
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
Unfortunately, my mother did not pass her list-making genes on to me.
1. Drink coffee - must top the list in order for the list to even get started.
2. Try to get kid to school on time, hopefully with a belly full of breakfast and without wasting precious valuable fuel.
3. Find boy child a new-to-me bike that will take him to the next level of bicycling without training wheels.
4. Teach a little girl how to use a spool knitter. I couldn't find my spool knitter so I made one using a sturdy cardboard tube, popsicle sticks, glue and duct tape and I am very proud of myself.
5. Take kids to gymnastics during which I will finish tech editing Amy's knitting patterns - yes, I really am breaking free from editing patterns that only involve a hook!
3. Snacks I enjoy.
brie and baguette
buttered toast and plain yogurt with honey and fruit (hmmm I think I'll have some now)
hummus and pita with olive oil and paprika.
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire.
Hire someone to do all of my housework
Hire someone to manage my money
Open my own kids arts studio.
5. Places I have lived.
San Diego, CA
Los Angeles, CA
6. Jobs I've had.
L.A.Farmers Market Shopgirl - DuPars, Littlejohn's Fudge Shop, Theno's Bakery
Store Manager, Waldenbooks
Book Buyer, Borders
Allocator, Eddie Bauer
Tech editor, Interweave Crochet
7. Peeps I want to know more about:
The Crabby Crafter - she's due with child any moment now but hopefully she will indulge us with a little me me me meme.
Crochet Codex - amazing crochet artist with a penchant for crocheted fairisle.
Gleeful Things - she shares my name and likes crochet, why wouldn't I want to know more about her?
Cosymakes - author, fiber artist, recycler, dyer, spinner, teacher, Etsy seller, all around interesting person so I must know more.
The Hook and I - author, knit and crochet designer, teacher, soon to be resident of a very isolated community with easy access to Qiviut yarn