Monday, September 8

Knit and Crochet for your Webkinz and baby

I'm baaaaaaaack! Prepare yourselves for a deluge of blog posts.

Over the past month I've forged a much closer bond to knitting...in the form of Webkinz apparel and baby hats. I'm planning on teaching a "Knit for your Stuffie" class in November so we were coming up with ideas for things to knit for our Webkinz. To get started I tried a pattern designed by Cheri Monsen for a ribbed sweater. Very easy pattern, easy to remember, fun and quick to make. I made several over the course of one camping weekend where there were 4 kids and at least 10 webkinz waiting for a sweater.
Here are two Webkinz, who coincidentally look just like our real cats. The black is sporting a 2 x 2 ribbed sweater, made by me, and the black and white is sporting a finger knit scarf made by my son (see previous post).
webkinz clothes
I also made baby hats and cloths for a new mama in the 'hood. The knit one (cream) is the Umbilical Hat pattern in Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook, the crocheted baby hat is just a simple hdc design. The green washcloth is Kim Werker's Organic Baby Washcloth (rav link) pattern from Summer '08 Interweave Crochet and the pink is the same idea using a solid shell stitch. My neighbor had the baby early, so the pink ones were made after we found out it was a girl.
baby hats
I love Kim's pattern for washcloths so much, I'm making a few more, just 'cuz.
washcloths

No comments: